Orthodontic Services in Alhambra, CA
Are you or a family member afraid to smile because your teeth are crowded or misaligned? Is an over or underbite causing eating or speaking discomfort? If so, the great news is that there are several reliable and affordable orthodontia procedures we use at Palm View Dental every day to correct those types of smile imperfections. Based on a patient’s age, lifestyle and level-of-correction needed, our licensed dentists, Dr. Karen Ho and Dr. Min Hee Oh, can recommend an orthodontia procedure that’s right for you.
Affordable Orthodontic Care for Patients of All Ages
One of the most common methods we use are braces, which work by applying constant pressure over a length of time to slowly and gently ease a patient’s teeth where they are supposed to be. Braces technology and materials have changed much over the years, so contact Palm View Dental in Alhambra, CA, at: (626) 345-7474 if you’d like to learn more about the many benefits of orthodontia care!
Why Would I Need Orthodontia Care?
Teeth misalignments, also known as malocclusions, are common, and can start when we are very young. That’s why early intervention and correction are important, because the patient will then get to enjoy a more natural-looking smile as they grow into adulthood. Here are some of the more common reasons why our patients enter an orthodontia treatment program:
- Misaligned tooth tips
- Premature tooth trauma or wear
- An overbite or underbite
- Crooked teeth
- Discomfort while eating or speaking
Do you or anyone in your family currently have one or more of these smile-inhibiting conditions? If so, at Palm View Dental our dentists specialize in newer corrective orthodontia procedures that will start getting your smile looking great again within a few office visits.
Types of Orthodontic Appliances
Based on your age, lifestyle and level-of-correction needed, our doctors may recommend one of these orthodontic appliances:
- Fixed braces. We use individual fixed brackets that are attached to your teeth, connected with wire, and then adjusted periodically to gently move your teeth into their natural positions over a given length-of-time. Some types of braces are more noticeable than others, so ask one of our dentists for details.
- Removable braces. Many patients have heard of Invisalign, which is one form of what’s called “removable braces”. Removable braces have shown the most promise in patients that have minor to moderate teeth misalignment conditions. These products are typically plastic plates that cover the roof of the patient’s mouth and clip onto some of their teeth.
- Fixed appliances. This is another type of removable braces that are connected, or designed to work together, while being worn on both the upper and lower rows of teeth.
- Appliance headgear. Appliance enhancers like headgear are sometimes necessary to be used in combination with other appliances, usually fixed braces, and are worn at night by the patient while they’re sleeping.
Schedule Your Orthodontia Consultation Today
When you’ve made the decision to improve your smile with orthodontia care, contact Palm View Dental and we’ll schedule you an initial consultation with Dr. Ho or Dr. Oh. We treat all our patients with compassion, dignity and consideration, and believe in developing relationships based on mutual trust and respect with a primary focus on you.
Our doctors maintain convenient office hours weekdays and on Saturdays, we work directly with most insurance plans, and in-house financing is available on a case-by-case basis. Creating healthy smiles that last a lifetime for everyone in the San Gabriel Valley is what we’re all about at Palm View Dental in Alhambra, CA! To schedule an appointment today, call us at: (626) 345-7474.