Dental Implants: Don’t Let a Missing Tooth Ruin Your Smile
Are you currently walking around with a missing tooth that’s making it uncomfortable to smile, talk or eat? If so, one of the restorative cosmetic procedures we offer at Palm View Dental are dental implants. Today’s innovative implant materials allow Dr. Karen Ho to restore your smile like-new again promptly, reliably and affordably in the comfort of our office.
In fact, most of our happy patients who’ve received a dental implant tell us that their mouths feel so much better afterwards, and that when they smile it looks just like their natural teeth! If you’d like to get started doing something about that unsightly gap in your teeth, call Palm View Dental today at: (626) 782-7200
When is a Dental Implant Needed?
Dr. Ho sees many patients in our office who are candidates for a dental implant procedure because:
- They’re having trouble speaking, chewing and even digesting food
- They have mouth discomfort caused by old dentures or a bridge
- They’ve lost self-confidence due to a missing tooth, or teeth
- They’d like to restore their facial structure
- They want to replace one or more missing teeth without changing others
In nearly every case, patients that Dr. Ho has performed a dental implant on are excited and amazed afterwards by how much they perform, look and feel like natural teeth!
How Dr. Ho Applies Dental Implants
A dental implant application, or insertion, involves a gradual process that requires office appointments over a 6 month or longer period. That’s to ensure the utmost safety and comfort for the patient, and, most importantly, that the implant will look and feel great for many years to come. The dental implant insertion process that Dr. Ho uses includes these steps:
- Detailed mouth impressions and digital X-rays are taken of your teeth and jawline to locate all bone and gum tissue. In addition, using the molds taken from the impressions, an assessment of tooth spacing for the actual implant is done.
- Next, the space’s area is numbed, and an implant surgically inserted into your jaw bone. An implant contains a naturally appearing prosthetic tooth and titanium root.
- Dr. Ho then allows for a healing period of up to 6 months. Based upon the type of implant you received, a second surgery may be necessary to insert a post for anchoring the artificial tooth, or teeth, that are needed.
- Another healing period then takes place for up to 2 weeks. This time will be used by our dental lab to craft your artificial teeth and fit them to the anchoring post. It sometimes takes several office fittings to get your teeth looking and performing optimally, which can take 1 to 2 months.
- Once your mouth is completely healed, your new prosthetic tooth will be securely bonded to the implant. When finished, you’ll have a new, natural and comfortable smile that you can’t wait to show off!
- One of the team members at Palm View Dental will sit down and provide you with care instructions for your dental implant(s), including foods to avoid, upkeep, and the importance of seeing Dr. Ho for follow-up visits every 6 months.
Schedule Your Dental Implant Consultation Today
Don’t let a missing tooth put a damper on your lifestyle for another day. Instead, schedule an initial consultation appointment with Dr. Ho in the comfort and privacy of our office. At Palm View Dental, it’s always our goal to make your visit as family-friendly, fun and relaxing as possible. We are conveniently located in the Alhambra, CA, area as a general dentistry practice with a focus on creating healthier, more beautiful smiles for everyone! Give us a call today at: (626) 782-7200