Pediatric Dentistry in Alhambra, CA
Let’s face it, most children that live in the San Gabriel Valley don’t enjoy visiting the dentist, and that also makes it hard on their parents. According to the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD), a child should have an initial dental exam before their first birthday to help ensure healthier teeth as they grow and develop.
Every Child Deserves a Lifetime of Healthy Smiles
At Palm View Dental in Alhambra, CA, our licensed dentists, Dr. Karen Ho and Dr. Min Hee Oh, are pediatric dental care specialists who strive to ensure that your child’s smile remains healthy as they mature into adults. It’s always our goal to make your little one’s in-office experience as fun, relaxing and comfortable as possible, while developing a relationship with you both that’s built upon trust and mutual respect.
If your child’s baby teeth are starting to erupt, contact Palm View Dental today at: (626) 345-7474 to schedule their first exam.
Childhood Smile Care Tips for Parents
Drs. Ho and Oh always tell parents that come to Palm View Dental to start brushing their little one’s teeth as soon as the first one appears. To help ensure that your child’s smile stays healthy throughout their lifetime, use these early oral hygiene tips:
- Brush several times a day. Brush your child’s teeth after every major meal, and then before they go to bed, using a soft-bristled brush and pea-sized dab of toothpaste. When they’re old enough to brush on their own, teach them how. Avoid toothpastes that contain fluoride until your little one turns 2, unless told to do so by one of our dentists.
- Look for signs of early decay. The average child consumes a lot of sugary foods and beverages, and many don’t brush like they should. Once your child has two or more baby teeth in, check them every two weeks for signs of early discoloration or decay.
- Floss for better results. Gingivitis can occur when food deposits get lodged between your child’s teeth and gums. To help prevent gingivitis, gently floss their teeth daily once Dr. Ho or Dr. Oh have given you the O.K. to do so.
- Childhood sealants. Many parents find it difficult to brush and floss their child’s teeth, and most younger children miss areas near the back of their mouths. The in-office application of teeth sealants can add another layer of protection against decay for those hard-to-reach teeth. Sealants last for years, and we’ve seen many positive results for patients in our practice that have had them applied.
- Bi-annual dental checkups. The AAPD recommends that your child has routine dental exams and cleanings every 6 months to ensure a healthier and natural-looking smile for many years to come.
- Cosmetic dentistry. There are times when a child’s teeth come in misaligned or crowded, and it can interfere with their self-confidence, chewing, and speaking. Fortunately, there are a-number-of innovative cosmetic dentistry procedures that our dentists specialize in that can comfortably restore your child’s natural smile to the way it was intended to be. Contact our office for details.
Schedule an In-Office Pediatric Exam Today
At Palm View Dental, we love working with patients of all ages, and know how to make your child’s office visit a fun, relaxing and enjoyable one. Our dentists and staff stand ready to provide your little one with the highest standards of pediatric dental care within a pleasant and comfortable environment to put both your minds at-ease.
And, if English isn’t your first language, all our team members are fluent in other languages to better assist you. We are conveniently open weekdays and Saturdays, so to get started ensuring a healthy smile for your child throughout their lifetime, call the Alhambra pediatric dentists at Palm View Dental today at: (626) 345-7474!